- Presiding Justice of the Appellate Division, Second Judicial Department, Brooklyn, New York – Appointed by Governor Andrew M. Cuomo, May 25, 2021
- Associate Justice, Appellate Division, Second Department, appointed by Governor Andrew Cuomo, February 2014 to present.
- Associate Justice, Appellate Term, Ninth and Tenth Judicial Districts, May 2012 to January 2014.
- Justice, New York State Supreme Court, Tenth Judicial District, elected, 2009 to present
Other Professional Experience
- Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office, 2001-2008, 1993-1998: Deputy Bureau Chief Special Investigations Bureau, Head of Anti- Gang Unit.
- New York State Attorney General’s Office, 1999-2002, Claims Bureau (Medical Malpractice section).
- Ruskin, Moscou Faltischek, P.C., 1998-1999, Associate
Admission to the Bar
- New York State Appellate Division, Second Department, 1994
- United States District Court, Eastern District, 1997.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D. 1993
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A., Political Science, 1990.
Professional & Civic Activities
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Latino Judge Association
- Long Island Hispanic Bar Association
- Suffolk County Bar Association